MILPITAS, Calif., May 23, 2017 — ABBYY®, a leading provider of technologies and solutions to action information, today announced the release of a new version of ABBYY FlexiCapture. The highly scalable and universal enterprise capture platform enables organizations to automatically classify, extract, validate and direct business critical data from written customer communications and operational processes – such as customer claims, applications and transactions. Utilizing a range of automated machine learning techniques, the new generation platform redefines the data capture and processing landscape, simplifying the long-standing complexity associated with the software segment.
“Even today, the vast majority of business information is still locked away as unstructured document content from diverse sources. The new evolution of FlexiCapture platform provides advanced capabilities to automatically, accurately and cost effectively action business data from a range of corporate documents. The goal is to help organizations with the Digital Transformation of their business operations and make companies more efficient, more agile, more customer-centric and above all, more competitive on the market,” commented Vlad Kuzmin, VP, Global Data Capture business at ABBYY.
The new FlexiCapture generation can be deployed as a core enterprise platform with customers rapidly building and running multiple business processes while covering multiple input channels, from emails, paper, fax, e-documents and mobile. Newly implemented machine learning techniques work in two-pronged fashion: on the one hand, it powers the rapid set-up of data analysis models via the platform studio resulting in rapid solution deployment. On the other, it enables a continuous improvement mechanism in the live business process and application environment, significantly boosting on-going performance while reducing the need for offline maintenance, system downtime and costly professional services – a common industry-wide problem which has plagued buyers of legacy platforms. This is particularly evident in accounts payables, claims management order processing or customer onboarding, where organization have to handle documents from thousands of vendors or customers covering multiple input channels, from emails, paper, fax, e-documents and mobile but containing the same critical business data.
Key new features and capabilities include:
- Multichannel input support: Documents are processed consistently in one single flow, including documents received via email, FTP, “hot folders” or mobile devices regardless of source and format.
- Advanced Classification: FlexiCapture now comes with advanced classification technology – using multiple classifiers, including semantic-based classification, and an intelligent voting mechanism to choose the best possible result, thereby enhancing accuracy. The automatic learning process, via neural networks, also radically simplifies set-up, eliminating the need for complex and time-consuming rules.
- Extraction auto-learning: FlexiCapture 12 come embedded with supervised and reinforcement learning techniques that enable it to automatically learn, adapt and continuously improve its data extraction algorithms, even in the live process environment through intuitive “point-and-learn” user guidance. It is capable of incorporating traditionally complex unseen and variable document layouts into the core algorithm on the fly thereby significantly reducing Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Cloud-ready architecture: The native multi-tenanted architecture is capable of providing public and private cloud-based deployments. This reduces time to market and shifts the focus away from capital expenditure towards an operational expenditure orientated approach and opens up new, cost-effective opportunities for small and medium sized organizations.
- Service Level Agreement (SLA) monitoring and enforcement: SLA provides a mechanism for document processing prioritization to achieve required service levels. Advanced system monitoring and reporting tools help analyze document processing flow and ensure correct prioritization – this supports organizations to better meet both internal and external regulatory compliance and reduce compliance costs.
- Quick start solutions: Built-in solutions for digital mailrooms, invoice processing and VAT declarations that require no customization are available as add-ons and can be rapidly deployed without the need for costly implementation services.
- Document sets and cases: Multiple linked documents can be processed as one complete case file, with various assembly, processing and validation checks, to improve efficiency in more complex case management scenarios such as customer on-boarding, mortgage loan origination and claims management.
ABBYY FlexiCapture is available for purchase worldwide by the end of May, 2017. For information on licensing models and pricing, please contact an ABBYY partner or ABBYY office in your region. The functionality of the platform will further expand during 2017-2018.