Panasonic flies under the radar a lot in the document scanner market, but they continue to come out with some impressive new technology. Check out these new departmental models (80 and 100 ppm, list price $5,195, and $6,195) that were introduced this week.
An impressive list of features in the press release:
- ToughFeed: Stapled Document Detection, Ultrasonic Double-Feed Detection, Intelligent Feed Control and High Quality Feed Rollers ensure a smooth supply of paper into the scanner for efficient scanning.
- Mechanical Deskew: Physically adjusts and corrects the skew of documents before scanning by the paper feed mechanism to reduce the need for rescans.
- Paper Ejection Control: Paper exit roller reduces the speed of ejected paper and aligns it to prevent paper jams or the loss of originals.
- Hardware Image Processing: Performs image enhancements and prevents scanning speed degradation by maintaining workflow efficiency at 300 and 200 dpi
- Auto-Preview / Auto-Rescan: Automatically produces nine different versions of a scanned document and displays them as thumbnails. Users select the most suitable image with a single click with no time loss. Similarly, users can adjust the quality of an image via the thumbnails without having to rescan the original thereby saving time and improving productivity.
- Notification Function: Automatically detects problems with scanned images including binary/color, binary image, blank page and unique page detection using four notification functions and displays warning icons using Panasonic Image Capture Plus software.
- Additional productivity features include Automatic Glass Cleaning, Self Cleaning Ionizer, and One Touch Scanning for up to 100 programmable scanning workflows.
- The new models include Panasonic’s proprietary Active Double-Feed Roller Prevention, LED scanning illumination, Advanced Image Processing, and Image Capture Plus technologies (easy-to-use data formats, automatic image orientation and OCR Zone function).